If you have difficulty traveling due to injuries or disabilities, choosing a power scooter might be your best transportation option. Finding a scooter that meets your needs is important.
Here are six considerations to keep in mind when choosing a power scooter:
- Weight: If you weigh more than 250 pounds, you will most likely need a heavy-duty scooter. Also keep in mind what you plan to carry when you’re using your scooter. Heavy packages can add to your weight, as well as the stress on the scooter.
- Dimensions and size: How mobile is the scooter you’re choosing? Think about the width of gates and doors in your home. Will your scooter be able to maneuver around effectively? Folding models are a nice option for homeowners with limited space in their house or apartment.
- Durability: If you travel outdoors often, you may need a four-wheel model scooter or something that can handle rough outdoor terrain. Ideally, it’s best to find a scooter for durability; these scooters are cost efficient and have more power and stability.
- Transportation/carrying options: Consider a transportable scooter for traveling purposes. These power scooters can be assembled and disassembled without using tools.
- Features/accessories: Find a power scooter that’s comfortable. Look for adequate leg room and seating. And before purchasing a power scooter, make sure the button controls operate properly.
- Battery life/mileage: Paying attention to the battery life is important because you want to choose a scooter you can get the most use from. Check your battery size and mileage so you can estimate how long your scooter will hold up.
For help choosing a power scooter that is right for you or a loved one, contact the experts at Power Mobility. We proudly serve the Phoenix area, providing on-site emergency service and technical support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Image via Shutterstock.com