Buying a wheelchair can be a confusing and tricky process, especially if you are shopping for your first one. Even though you’ll have a physician’s prescription, which will take into consideration factors such as your age and weight and the way you plan to use your equipment, you will have multiple options.
A supplier who has the equipment you need — as well as the accessories and a staff of capable technicians — is invaluable. What should you look for when you choose a wheelchair vendor?
- Is the vendor thoroughly knowledgeable in the equipment he offers?
- Will the vendor make recommendations based on your specific needs? For example, will he or she ask you whether you plan to use it primarily inside or outside and what kind of terrain you will be moving over?
- Is the vendor able to explain the difference between the types of chairs he carries. And, just as important, is he willing to take the time to make sure all of your questions and concerns are addressed?
- Does the vendor have the technical expertise to service the products in his inventory? Does he offer on-site emergency service around the clock?
- Does the vendor carry other types of equipment, such as lifts, that may be necessary for you to transport your wheelchair?
- Will your vendor set up the wheelchair and make sure it has the right parts?
- Is the vendor established? Are you confident that he’ll be in business over the next several years to service the chair you buy today?
At Power Mobility and Lifts in Phoenix, we take pride in not only our equipment, but also the service we offer to clients throughout the state of Arizona. We have more than 30 years of combined experience. Give us a call. Our customer service staff will be glad to answer any questions that you may have.
Image via Shutterstock.com